Tuesday, October 19, 2010

done and done

Structure is complete...

Drip lines have been run, and my last minute change of adding another spigot has been accommodated.

Raspberry bushes were purchased at the feed store (seriously) and will be planted tomorrow.  Garlic is in my garage and goes in next week. 

Oh, and I did this in between... behold my canning masterpiece!

Everything ready...
Spicy Apple Chutney in the works

and it's done!

I couldn't be more pleased with myself.  Now who will be coming over for Thanksgiving leftovers with apple chutney?  If you're interested in canning I'd suggest the book  Put 'em up! by Sherri Brooks Vinton or just ask me, because now I'm an expert! (just kidding)

3 comments:

  1. I'm still afraid of canning. I'm sure you going to work on that fear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great project to work on together. It's really not that hard, but it's time consuming, and I could've used someone to chat with during all the cooking and processing time. That is, in all our free time we have together without children present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sold! Sign me up....

    ReplyDelete