Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the first step to beating an addiction

is admitting you have a problem, right?  Well I've got a serious problem, and it looks like this.



This is Echinacea purpurea 'Coconut Lime' introduced a couple years ago, it was one of a slew of new echinaceas to the marketplace, so different than the familiar pink/purple coneflowers.  Oh but this was just the beginning, there were doubles, pinks, whites, reds, yellows, more than you can imagine.  And then there are the Terra Nova varieties.  If you aren't familiar Terra Nova, they are one of the most well known perennial breeders in the U.S.  you can't buy plants directly from them, but chances are if you've bought an echinacea, or heuchera in the last few years they developed it.

Here's the problem, I'm obsessed. Even though some have come up marginally hardy, and not living up to their supposed potential, I can't stop buying them.  Yesterday I bought 2 'Secret Desires' (who comes up with these names) at $22 bucks a pop in one gallon pots.  That's insanity, yet I did it anyway.  Like I said, I've got a problem.  Somebody please knock some sense into me!

I mean really, can you blame me?
Photo credit, Terra Nova Nursery

No comments:

Post a Comment