Sunday, September 6, 2009

How one recipe changed my life


Okay, that is a bit of an overstatement. However, since I started making homemade oreos we seem to be getting a lot more invitations to get together with friends. Or maybe it's just that I finally let my professional gardening life take a bit of a backseat this summer that I actually have time to have fun, and bake.

Tomorrow we are going to brunch at friends, and one part of the couple happens to be a chef/caterer. She and I have been talking about these oreos for months, so how could I not bring her a batch. And before you ask, yes they are that good. It is baked goods like this (full of butter) that is one of the reasons I could never become a vegan.

I think I'm also going to make brioche to bring. I've been wanting to try and make a "fancy" bread like this for a while, and when a recipe turned up in this month's bon apetit magazine I couldn't resist. The dough was easy enough, but time intensive. It's rising again, then will chill overnight before baking in the AM. But for now my husband is making margaritas so it's time to relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment