Wednesday, December 22, 2010

how green is your Christmas tree?

I know, why is a nice Jewish girl like me blogging about Christmas trees? An interesting article in last week's New York Times caught my eye and investigates this question.   Living in a small town, where agriculture and related business are pretty much the only game in town - I've been hearing lots about this lately.  Our town might possibly have the highest number of Christmas tree farms per capita in the state.  I don't know that for sure, I'm totally guessing but just drive down the one major state road here and you'll see signs up for at least a dozen.  So I guess the answer is, if you live here (or near a Christmas tree farm) the answer is a real tree is more environmentally friendly.  If you live in Hawaii the answer is a fake tree - and really if you live in Hawaii, I don't feel bad for you at all (it's been in the 20's here most of the week).



video via Kitchen Gardeners International

No comments:

Post a Comment