Tuesday, October 4, 2011

wow....

Well I was impressed with my 94 pounds of cucumbers this season, maybe I should've weighed and measured them individually though?  All in good fun, these giant veggies usually don't taste great, but they sure are impressive.


Now The Guardian is well known for it's gardening coverage - much better than the top US newspapers.  When I saw this on their front page I couldn't resist sharing.  

Asking advice from a man who grew a 85 pound rutabaga - you can't make up stuff like this.

2 comments:

  1. From a "size of rutabaga" perspective -- pretty darn impressive. I'd hate to know what he had to do to actually make that happen, though. One thing is for sure, it ain't natural! Rutabaga on steriods...one for the record books, but I wouldn't want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no "natural" way to make that happen, it was probably Miracle -Gro or something similar (which you are exactly correct they are plant steroids, not food). But I love the part when Snoop says, "I grow vegetation too," cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete