Monday, September 5, 2011

I know it might seem a little bit late to be doing a hurricane wrap up post, and it wasn't my laziness that got in the way (this time).  Six days of no power and no running water took it's toll.  Don't get me wrong, we are better off than many people, as there was no substantial damage to our home or property.  Using water from the pool to water my vegetable garden and manually flush toilets (who knew you could do such a thing) were not things I ever thought I'd do.

Once the power finally came back on I had the best shower of my life. The kids got completely engrossed with the television and I finally went outside to take stock of what was really going on in my gardens.  In short, they're a mess.  Not just from the hurricane, but from neglect of a really busy summer in which what little gardening time I had, was focused on the vegetable garden and not much else. I've got my work cut out for me.  The kids go back to school tomorrow, and I get back to doing what I do best.  Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment