Monday, February 28, 2011

spring soon, please?

I was hoping that when I returned from a week away from the east coast, that all the snow would be gone.  No such luck, although we are getting there.  I had grandiose visions of starting hearty greens and peas in the next few weeks, and that's looking pretty unlikely.  Seed starting however is just a few short weeks away, and I've got to get seriously organized.  Every year, I come up with a (let's call it a spreadsheet, even though it's really a hastily scribbled list) of all the seeds I need to start, and when they need to be started. With seed starting, as with many other things, timing is everything.  In the past however, my vegetable garden was a fraction of the size it's going to be this year.  I've been putting off the task of making this "spreadsheet" because I knew it would be time consuming.  And then, thanks to a little googling, behold the tool that will make your life far more efficient if you are starting seeds.

Plug in your frost free date - and voila the work is done for you!  Now if I can just get all my grow lights set up, and the snow will be melt I'll be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment